Jake Samuel Thomas
Services for Jake Samuel Thomas Jr., 76, formerly of Tonganoxie, were Nov. 20 at Ric Brown Family Funeral Home Chapel in Mission, with Pastor Jaime Chapa officiating.
Mr. Thomas died Nov. 17, 2007, at his Mission residence.
He was born July 27, 1931, the son of Jack and Anna Thomas.
Mr. Thomas served in the U.S. Navy during the Korean War and was retired from AT&T. During his later years, he was a missionary into Mexico and served as president of The Carpenters 12 Ministries.
Survivors include his wife, Rosie Thomas, Mission; a sister, Bertha Knapp, rural Basehor; six sons, Jon Thomas, Fredericksburg, Texas, Jorge Pena, Pharr, Texas, Steve Pena, Port Hueneme, Calif., Hector Pena, Mission, and Ruben Pena, Brownsville, Texas; two daughters, Lucy Hook, Des Moines, Iowa, and Rosie Guerra, San Antonio; 13 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Health officials confirm tuberculosis case in Olathe
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Officials fear Kansas is complacent about tornado season