THS students to compete for time on TV
Tonganoxie High School will be one of more than 90 schools participating in the 2007-08 Quest academic competition Saturday at Washburn University in Topeka.
The contest, co-sponsored by KTWU, a PBS affiliate in Topeka, and Washburn, allows teams of high school students throughout Kansas to compete against one another in answering questions on topics such as art, literature, history, math and science.
Teams earning the top 16 scores advance to the finals and will return to Topeka several times for taping sessions. The televised Quest competition will air on KTWU from February through May 2008, when the championship team will be named.
Representing THS are: junior Robert Brotherton, senior Donald Dyster Jr., junior Christopher Jordan, junior Alicia Osborne, junior, junior Austin Smith, and senior Kristen Titterington. The team's coach is Ron Lewis.
More like this story
- Mirror recieves Kansas Press Association awards for its 2014 work
- Kansas authorities consider stiffer charges for couple of missing child possibly fed to pigs
- Kansas judge ejects white supremacist from court
- Tonganoxie High senior candidate for Presidential Scholar
- Kansas congressional staffer sentenced for child sex charges