Obituary: Betty Maxine Bower
1925 - 2007
Services for Betty Maxine Bower, 82, Lawrence, will be at 1 p.m. today, Oct. 3, 2007, at First United Methodist Church in Lawrence. Burial will be in McLouth Cemetery, McLouth.
Mrs. Bower died Sunday, Sept. 30, 2007, at her home. She had been a resident of Lawrence for more than 50 years.
She was born Feb. 21, 1925, in McLouth, the daughter of Thomas Dewey and Louisa (Martin) Thornton.
Mrs. Bower worked as a bookkeeper for Polk Oil Co. for many years. She was a member of First United Methodist Church and the church's quilting group.
She married Gordon Bower on June 3, 1950, in Kansas City, Kan. He survives of the home.
Other survivors include: two daughters, Merry Bower, Manhattan, and Kerry Chapman, Lawrence; and two sisters, Shirley Shockley and Janice Luber, both of Lawrence.
The family suggests memorials to the American Heart Association, American Cancer Society or the Douglas County Visiting Nurses/ Hospice Association, sent in care of Warren-McElwain Mortuary, 120 W. 13th St., Lawrence 66044.
Online condolences can be made at warrenmcelwain.com, subject: Bower.
More like this story
- Tyson plant opponents pack Leavenworth County Commission meeting
- Teeing off with Tonganoxie High golf
- Leavenworth County Commission votes down Patriot highway plans
- Tonganoxie girls golf puts finishing touches on inaugural season at Spring Hill regional
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie