Tonganoxie City Fire Department
- Firefighters responded with Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service at 9:49 a.m. and 11:53 a.m. Wednesday; 2:33 p.m., 3:56 p.m. and 6:26 p.m. Friday; and 3:24 p.m. and 5:17 p.m. Saturday.
- At 8:06 p.m. Wednesday, firefighter were on standby for a homecoming bonfire at the high school.
- At 3:12 p.m. Sunday, firefighters responded for severe weather spotting.
Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office
- Paige Boylan, 14, Leavenworth, who was driving to school with her farm permit, was involved in an accident around 7:37 a.m. Sept. 26, at the intersection of 219th Street and County Road 8. Boylan was entering CR 8 from 219th street in heavy fog when she failed to yield to a vehicle driven by Enrique Estrada, 33, Kansas City, Kan. Boylan suffered a cut to her forehead. Estrada had rib and neck pain and his passenger, Alesandro Estrada, 28, had a cut to his left arm. None of the injuries were life threatening. Both Kansas City Kan., men were taken to Kansas University Hospital and Boylan was taken to Children's Mercy Hospital.
- Around 10:20 p.m. Thursday, Joseph McEvoy, 71, Leavenworth, was driving north on 167th Street when he left the roadway on the east shoulder. His vehicle stopped in a drainage culvert. McEvay said he was not hurt during the crash, but he was driven to St. John's Hospital, Leavenworth, to be checked. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- A 29-year-old Tonganoxie man reported hearing gunshots near his property around 10:30 p.m. Sept. 26, in the 19900 block of Douglas Road.
- Around 2:30 a.m. Friday an unknown number of subjects removed about 81 feet of buried copper exchange telephone cable from the west side of 163rd Street just south of Donahoo Road. The copper was valued at $400.
- Kayla Davidson, 18, Independence, Mo. was involved in a rollover accident at 5:50 p.m. Friday on County Road 5 north of Donahoo Road. Davidson was traveling north and swerved to avoid hitting a deer that crossed her path. The car entered the east ditch where it rolled over. The report stated that Davidson was not wearing her seatbelt at the time of the accident. Davidson was not injured in the accident and refused to be transported by EMS. Stranger Township Fire Department responded.
- An accident involving a four people took place around 10 p.m. Friday on U.S. Highway 24-40 near 198th Street. Eric Atwell, 19, Tonganoxie, was driving west on U.S. 24-40 when he came around the corner at 198th Street. Atwell did not see Janacae McCoy's vehicle as she was turning west from 198th Street to the highway. Atwell struck the rear passenger side of McCoy's truck bed with the driver side mirror of his vehicle as he attempted to move to another lane. No one was injured in the accident and both vehicles were driven from the scene.
- Sheriff's deputies and the Tonganoxie Fire Department responded to a house fire around 3:05 p.m. Saturday in the 18100 block of 238th Street. The 60-year-old homeowner said there was a small electrical fire in the northeast side of her home's basement caused by a treadmill. The woman did not know how much damage the fire caused, but there was heavy smoke damage to the home. Also present at the scene was the Leavenworth/Jefferson Electric Company.
- Two vehicles were involved in an accident around 12:24 p.m. Sunday at 222nd Street, one and a quarter miles south of U.S. 24. Colin Perkins, 17, Gladstone, Mo., was driving north on 222nd Street in his 1998 Dodge Neon when a vehicle driven by Megan Barker, 24, Perry, pulled out of a private drive way. Perkins struck Barker's 2001 Dodge Dakota in the front passenger side. Both vehicles ended up in the east ditch. Perkins suffered a minor cut to his forehead and refused treatment.
- A 26-year-old Basehor man was taken to Leavenworth County Jail after a being stopped for a traffic violation around 10:33 p.m. Sept. 26 at the intersection of 158th Street and Cedar Lane. Deputies found that the suspect was driving on a suspended license. Deputies also found what appeared to be marijuana in the car.
- Jesyca Shores, 22, Leavenworth, speeding 49 in a 30, failure to appear
- Roger Nichols, 44, Meriden, careless driving, no insurance, tag violation
- Francesca Chambers, 19, Lawrence, speeding 44 in a 30, fined $120
- Deborah Benson, 46, Shawnee, speeding 50 in a 30, fined $130
- Josh McCutchen, 18, Tonganoxie, driving on restricted driver's license (second time), fined $275
- Kelly Brenn, 26, Tonganoxie, speeding 46 in a 30, fined $120
- Judith Giovanni, Tonganoxie, speeding 45 in a 30, fined $120
- Rachael Gross, 30, Holton, speeding 49 in a 30, fined $130
- Kevin Wade, 32, Eudora, speeding 61 in a 45, fined $120
- Laurel Clevenger, 20, Lansing, speeding 63 in a 45, fined $130
- Brian Wenger, 27, Tonganoxie, speeding 46 in a 30, fined $120
- Shane Cooper, 36, Tonganoxie, speeding 63 in a 50, fined $120
- Steven Cardwell, 35, Linwood, speeding 44 in a 30, fined $120
- Patrick Bartlett, II, 21, McLouth, speeding 44 in a 30, fined $120
- Ed Gilbertson, 55, Meriden, speeding 47 in a 30, fined $120
- Noe Garza, III, 21, Valley Falls, tag violation, fined $115
- Rodney Wrinkle, 58, Oskaloosa, speeding 65 in a 50, fined $120
- Brian Smith, 48, Shawnee, speeding 65 in a 50, fined $120
- Rhonda Lenherr, 45, St. Mary's, speeding 44 in a 30, fined $120
- Cory Cook, 32, Eudora, speeding 48 in a 30, fined $130
- Rodney Creamer, 41, Independence, Mo., speeding 49 in a 30, fined $130
- Jennifer Noon, 31, Lenexa, speeding 47 in a 30, fined $120
- Stephanie Haggett, 32, McLouth, tag violation, fined $115
- Erica Ramirez, 23, Shawnee, speeding 47 in a 30, fined $120
- Jeffery Hisey, 48, Topeka, speeding 64 in a 45, fined $130
- Jeffery Gudmens, 47, Leavenworth, speeding 61 in a 45, fined $120
- David Affalter, 57, Lawrence, speeding 46 in a 30, fined $120
- Jacqueline Sedlock, 54, Leavenworth, speeding 47 in a 30, fined $120
- Mark Oelschlaeger, 52, Tonganoxie, Cruelty to Animals, fined $295
- David Crise, 20, Tonganoxie, speeding 47 in a 30, fined $120
- Ladonna Harcar, 52, Tonganoxie, speeding 34 in a 20, fined $120
- Kristi Latham, 18, Tonganoxie, speeding 43 in a 30, fined $120
- Scott Leffler, 24, Shawnee, speeding 46 in a 30, fined $120
More like this story
- Brownback predicts 'a lot of strain that's going to be continuing' for Kansas
- Topeka offers $500K push to revive shopping centers
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Kansas Senate plan would hinder university's bonding move
- Kansas State of State address: Brownback appeals to GOP base