Fight sends 17-year-old to hospital
Tonganoxie police have sent reports of a fight last month that involved two Tonganoxie youths to the Leavenworth County Attorney's Office for review.
A fight between two 17-year-olds occurred about 2:15 p.m. Sept. 28 at Chieftain Park.
Police Chief Kenny Carpenter said the fight occurred because of "some kind of argument between kids."
The incident occurred about the time the THS homecoming parade was taking place in downtown Tonganoxie. Both youths are THS students, Carpenter said.
The victim in the fight was taken to University of Kansas Hospital because of a concussion and was released four days later, Carpenter said.
Carpenter said it likely would take some time before the county attorney determines whether any charges will be filed against the suspect.
More like this story
- McLouth High softball team stays perfect on year
- Tonganoxie football blanks Bishop Ward, 42-0
- Tonganoxie High football rolls on road, stays perfect at 3-0
- Tonganoxie High softball dominance continues as team moves to 10-0; THS baseball to host regional
- Tonganoxie football offense can't get going in district shutout loss