Iraq assassination target to speak at local church
A former missionary to Iraq who survived an attack by terrorists will be the guest speaker Sunday, Oct. 28, at West Haven Baptist Church in Tonganoxie.
Carrie McDonnall served as a missionary to Iraq with her husband, David, aiding the Iraqi people in relief and development work. On March 15, 2004, she and her husband had just finished surveying refugee camps. In what was reported by news outlets worldwide, the McDonnalls along with three of their co-workers were attacked by terrorists on the crowded streets of Mosul.
Their three co-workers, Larry and Jean Elliot and Karen Watson, died that day. David McDonnall survived long enough to see his wife to safety the next day. Carrie is the lone survivor of this horrific attack.
Carrie is currently living in Texas. She continues to work in missions. She will be speaking at both morning services, which start at 9:15 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
The public is welcome and childcare is available.
More like this story
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Susan Freemyer
- City government organization hosts April voting contest
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle