Iraq assassination target to speak at local church
A former missionary to Iraq who survived an attack by terrorists will be the guest speaker Sunday, Oct. 28, at West Haven Baptist Church in Tonganoxie.
Carrie McDonnall served as a missionary to Iraq with her husband, David, aiding the Iraqi people in relief and development work. On March 15, 2004, she and her husband had just finished surveying refugee camps. In what was reported by news outlets worldwide, the McDonnalls along with three of their co-workers were attacked by terrorists on the crowded streets of Mosul.
Their three co-workers, Larry and Jean Elliot and Karen Watson, died that day. David McDonnall survived long enough to see his wife to safety the next day. Carrie is the lone survivor of this horrific attack.
Carrie is currently living in Texas. She continues to work in missions. She will be speaking at both morning services, which start at 9:15 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
The public is welcome and childcare is available.
More like this story
- Kansas senator blocks testimony from female witnesses with ‘low-cut necklines and miniskirts’
- Kansas lawmakers 'distracted' by women's wardrobes
- Education officials say schools need reshaped for the future
- Agencies expanding capacity for domestic violence victims
- Confirmed mountain lion sightings rise in Missouri, Kansas