Tonganoxie Police Department
- Around 4:30 p.m. Oct. 8, Leigh Anne Kokoruda, 37, Tonganoxie, backed into a vehicle belonging to Russell Hamman, Tonganoxie, in the parking lot of the Tonganoxie High School. Kokoruda's 2002 Chevy Trailblazer struck the front passenger side of the Hamman's 1993 Jeep Cherokee.
- Around 2:30 a.m. Sunday, a 23-year-old man was arrested for DUI in the 1200 block of U.S. Highway 24-40. The man initially was stopped for speeding. Officers suspected him of being intoxicated. Officers performed a field sobriety test and took him to the Leavenworth County jail.
Tonganoxie City Fire Department
- Firefighters responded with Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service at 7:29 a.m. and 12:17 p.m. Oct. 8; 10:15 a.m., 12:34 p.m. and 9 p.m. Wednesday; 5:19 p.m. Saturday and 11:24 p.m. Sunday.
- At 10:41 a.m., firefighters attended an educational event as part of Fire Safety Week.
- Firefighters responded at 9:02 p.m. to a fire and water-flow alarm at Tonganoxie Christian Church. It was a false alarm, as staff was testing equipment.
- At 8:14 a.m. Wednesday, firefighters responded to the area of Stonecreek and Woodfield Drive for the smell of natural gas. Firefighters discovered a gas crew that had added odorant to the gas system and some of the odorant had escaped. No hazard was found.
- Firefighters responded at 9:54 a.m. Wednesday to a possible illegal burn in the Jackson Heights subdivision. Firefighters found the burn outside of city limits and referred it to the proper agency.
Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office
- Around 9:05 a.m. Oct. 10, a 20-year-old Paola woman was arrested for DUI at the intersection of Fourth and Main streets in Linwood. The woman was stopped for failing to stop at a stop sign. Officers noticed the smell of alcohol on the woman and administered a field sobriety test. The woman was arrested for DUI, transporting an open container, failing to stop and for not having proof of liability insurance. Her passenger, a 27-year-old Eudora man, was issued a citation for transporting an open container. He also showed signs of impairment.
- A 55-year-old woman reported a theft around 10:45 a.m. Oct. 6. The woman reported that sometime between 5 p.m. Oct. 4 and 10 a.m. Oct. 6, an unknown number of suspects entered her property in the 16300 block of Springdale Road and took several items. The items taken included an air compressor, air tools, mechanic's tools, a lawnmower, two bicycles and two hoods for 1957 Chevy automobiles. Suspects entered an unlocked garage. The items were valued at $4,035.
- A gasoline-powered Coleman pressure washer was taken sometime between 6 p.m. Oct. 8 and 1 p.m. Oct. 9 from the 18100 block of 158th Street. The washer, valued at $900, belonged to a 68-year-old Basehor man.
- Around 8 p.m. Saturday, Karl Schubert, 75, Bonner Springs, was in an accident more than a half mile south of Loring Road on 158th Street. Schubert was driving north on 158th Street when his truck went off the edge of the east side of the road. The vehicle struck several small trees before coming to a stop. Schubert was not injured and was able to leave the scene with his son.
- Benjamin Tucker, 20, Erie, Colo., fell asleep behind the wheel and hit a guard rail around 4 a.m. Sunday on U.S. Highway 24-40 east of 206th Street. Tucker told deputies he couldn't sleep so he went out for a drive. He also told deputies that he had not consumed any alcohol. He was wearing his seatbelt and was not injured in the accident. His vehicle was considered a total loss.
- Sometime before 10:44 a.m. Sunday, a mailbox belonging to a 35-year-old Basehor woman was destroyed on the 16600 block of Parallel Road. The woman told deputies this was not the first time it had happened. Deputies discovered the mailbox had been smashed by an object, but no evidence as to what that object was found at the scene. The mailbox was valued at $200.
- Douglas Creten, 52, Leavenworth, speeding 37 in a 20 school zone, fined $135
- William Freisner, 42, Esbon, speeding 61 in a 30, fined $185
- Levon Gauna, 19, Lawrence, disorderly conduct, fined $245
- Christopher Means, 34, Olathe, speeding 46 in a 30, fined $120
- Vernon Cheek, 61, Baldwin, speeding 47 in a 30, fined $120
- Linda Bennett, 47, Kansas City, Kan., speeding 47 in a 30, fined $120
- Jeremy Chrisp, 21, Edwardsville, speeding 45 in a 30, fined $120
- Kristen Murphy, 24, Tonganoxie, speeding 44 in a 30, fined $120
- Kathleen Petesch, 47, Valley Falls, speeding 46 in a 30, fined $120
- Michael Stappert, 48, Tonganoxie, speeding 43 in a 30, fined $120
- Paula Gish, 49, Tonganoxie, speeding 44 in a 30, fined $120
- Richard Ruether, 40, OPKS, speeding 45 in a 30, fined $120
- Ricky Hall, 31, Olathe, speeding 35 in a 20, fined $135
- George Lingenfelser, 81, Tonganoxie, speeding 51 in a 30, fined $130
- Michael McNeill, 38, Kansas City, Mo., speeding 42 in a 20 school zone, fined $145
- Dawn Hicks, 49, Tonganoxie, speeding 43 in a 30, fined $120
- Maria Navarro, 39, Kansas City, Mo., speeding 46 in a 30, fined $120
- Rodney Lyons, 60, Tonganoxie, speeding 44 in a 30, fined $120
- Tricia Stogsdill, 21, Emporia, speeding 47 in a 30, fined $120
- Fidel Readis, 59, Linwood, speeding 46 in a 30, fined $120
- David Albee, III, 17, Leavenworth, speeding 46 in a 30, fined $120
- Hubert Conn, 83, Lee's Summit, speeding 47 in a 30, fined $120
- Kim Bayless, 41, Independence, Mo., speeding 57 in a 30, fined $150
- Dina Hinchman, 37, Lawrence, speeding 47 in a 30, fined $120
- William Denardi, 56, Lawrence, speeding 55 in a 45, fined $110
- Brian Hill, 22, Tonganoxie, speeding 46 in a 30, fined $120
- Roger Jenkins, 49, Lawrence, speeding 50 in a 30, fined $130
- Tammy Eastland, 37, Tonganoxie, theft, fined $245
- Harold Miller, Jr., 40, Leavenworth, speeding 34 in a 20 school zone, fined $135
- Brandi Wheeler, 23, Leavenworth, speeding 50 in a 30, fined $130
- Janet Perry, 35, Linwood, speeding 40 in a 20 school zone, fined $145
- Brandi Edge, 24, McLouth, theft, fined $245
- Phillip Shields, 19, Kansas City, Kan., speeding 53 in a 40, no driver's license, tag violation: fined $280
- Kathleen Smith, 56, Tonganoxie, speeding 48 in a 30, fined $130