Tonganoxie teens injured in accident
Three Tonganoxie youths were involved in an injury accident that sent all three to an area hospital this weekend.
Around 8 p.m. Sunday, Tabitha Carol, 17, was driving Daniell Mann, 13, and Michael Mann, 12, in a 2004 Ford Explorer near the intersection of Springdale and Lecompton roads when she crashed into the west ditch of the intersection. Michael was riding in the front passenger seat and Daniell was in the rear passenger seat. All of the youths were wearing seatbelts and the airbags deployed.
Leavenworth County EMS transported the youths to St. John Hospital.
Daniell and Michael Mann were treated and released, but hospital officials said Carol had to be taken to another hospital, which they could not disclose.
The vehicle sustained extensive damage to the front end and was considered a total loss.
More like this story
- Feds charge Kansas priest with bank fraud over parish thefts
- Soles for souls: Tonganoxie church collects shoes to raise money for religious studies
- O'Brien, Karleskint squaring off Tuesday in Republican primary in Kansas House District 42 race
- Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese Bishop Finn Resigns
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie High school's Mary Welsh