Accident sends two to KU hospital
An accident Friday morning on U.S. Highway 24-40 and Main sent two people to the University of Kansas Hospital.
About 9:15 a.m. Friday, Fred W. Leimkuhler, 86, Tonganoxie, was driving south on 218th Street across U.S. Highway 24-40 in his 1993 Mercury car when he failed to yield to a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt driven by Heaven R. Mills, 20, McLouth. Mills was traveling east on U.S. Highway 24-40 and her Cobalt struck Leimkuhler's Mercury.
Mills and a passenger, Justin J. Williams, 27, Basehor, were taken to the hospital.
An official there said Tuesday that Williams had been treated and released. The official could neither confirm nor deny whether Mills still was a patient.
More like this story
- Kansas Supreme Court upholds ex-lawman's murder conviction
- Kansas officials won't be charged in case of man wrongfully imprisoned for murder
- Trial begins in robbery shooting of Wyandotte County deputy
- Junction City man gets life for operating cocaine ring
- Kansas man wrongly imprisoned for murder, rape sues sheriff, district attorney