Accident sends two to KU hospital
An accident Friday morning on U.S. Highway 24-40 and Main sent two people to the University of Kansas Hospital.
About 9:15 a.m. Friday, Fred W. Leimkuhler, 86, Tonganoxie, was driving south on 218th Street across U.S. Highway 24-40 in his 1993 Mercury car when he failed to yield to a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt driven by Heaven R. Mills, 20, McLouth. Mills was traveling east on U.S. Highway 24-40 and her Cobalt struck Leimkuhler's Mercury.
Mills and a passenger, Justin J. Williams, 27, Basehor, were taken to the hospital.
An official there said Tuesday that Williams had been treated and released. The official could neither confirm nor deny whether Mills still was a patient.
More like this story
- The Latest on Jewish shootings: Jury weighing death sentence
- Man charged in Jewish site killings sought to explain motive
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition
- Supreme Court: Intoxication no excuse for shooting at police