KVL Football Report: Week One
It is rare to find Tonganoxie at the bottom of the Kaw Valley League football standings, but that's the case after Lansing High handed the Chieftains a 42-6 loss on Friday night.
Of course, it's only week one, so half of the league's schools are at the top and the other half are at the bottom for the moment. Plenty can - and likely will - change in the weeks to follow. Regardless, it gives the KVL a new look that certainly is interesting.
Also consider that Bonner Springs, a team that has struggled for years but ended last season on a hot streak, won its season-opener. So did Piper.
The only familiar faces near the top of the standings are Mill Valley and Perry-Lecompton.
The upper half of the standings are guaranteed to take a jolt in week two. Undefeateds Lansing and Perry will meet on Friday.
TEAM KVL ALL
Lansing 1-0 1-0
Perry-Lecompton 1-0 1-0
Mill Valley 1-0 1-0
Bonner Springs 1-0 1-0
Piper 1-0 1-0
Immaculata 0-1 0-1
Bishop Ward 0-1 0-1
Santa Fe Trail 0-1 0-1
Tonganoxie 0-1 0-1
Basehor-Linwood 0-1 0-1
WEEK ONE RESULTS
Lansing 42, Tonganoxie 6
Perry-Lecompton 46, Immaculata 0
Mill Valley 21, Bishop Ward 19
Bonner Springs 26, Basehor-Linwood 6
Piper 17, Santa Fe Trail 14, 2OT
More like this story
- Kansas minority groups push for same-day voter registration
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Tonganoxie group hopes for 'yes' vote in mail ballot election
- Tonganoxie sales tax mail-in ballot question coming this winter
- Former Tonganoxie City Council member receives certificate for municipal courses