Bid deadline extended for swimming pool
During a special meeting Thursday, the Tonganoxie City Council voted to extend the bid deadline for the construction of the new Tonganoxie pool from Sept. 5 to Sept. 7.
Kathy Bard, assistant city administrator, said because of the holiday weekend, many of the general contractors bidding on the pool project were asking for more time to develop their bid.
Council members Steve Gumm, Paula Crook and Tom Putthoff were present at the meeting. The three council members carried the motion to extend the deadline.
More like this story
- Kansas prisons full; official outlines $27M expansion option
- Kansas official seeks to save funds to treat drug offenders
- Kansas commerce secretary resigning to take job as CEO
- Mature Living: Government: No benefit hike for Social Security next year
- Kansas governor works on program to provide mentors for poor