Director of operations resigns from post in Tonganoxie School District
Jamie Brun has resigned as director of operations in the Tonganoxie School District, less than two months after being hired as USD 464's first director of operations.
Brun said Wednesday that his official resignation date was Aug. 31, per an agreement with the district.
In July, Brun was hired as the district's first director of operations, a position created to assist Superintendent Richard Erickson with day-to-day operations in the district.
Brun's resignation came about two weeks after Erickson and Brun were involved in an argument around 8 a.m. Aug. 16 on school property. During the disagreement, Brun called 911. According to Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Leonard Ayres, the call came "from the board office."
Tonganoxie Police responded to the call, but Chief Kenny Carpenter said no complaints were made and neither Erickson nor Brun planned to file complaints in the future.
Brun declined Wednesday to discuss the specifics of his resignation.
For more on this developing story, check back to The Mirror's Web site.
More like this story
- Kansas proposed juvenile justice changes would incarcerate fewer youths; some counties express concern
- Kansas attorney general: Don't send us Guantanamo detainees
- Kansas high school student told Confederate flag not allowed at school
- Armed teenager running toward school shot by police officer
- Kansas agency spokeswoman's Facebook posting draws criticism