Obituary: Cecil A. Larison
1910 - 2007
Services for Cecil A. Larison, 97, Oskaloosa, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 6, at Barnett-Chapel Oaks Funeral Home in Oskaloosa. Burial will be at Fowler Cemetery, northeast of McLouth.
Mrs. Larison died Saturday, Sept. 1, 2007, at Hickory Pointe Care Home in Oskaloosa.
She was born Feb. 19, 1910, in Ozawkie, the daughter of Elvin Aldus and Julia Anne Barnes Carey. She was a lifelong resident of Jefferson County.
Mrs. Larison was a homemaker and had formerly worked as a printer and lithographer for Garling House Printing Co. and Western Printing Co. in Topeka. She also had worked at Bobo's Restaurant in Topeka. She was a member of American Legion Auxiliary No. 36 in Oskaloosa.
She married Harry Franklin Larison on Aug. 8, 1928, in Leavenworth. He died May 14, 1974. A grandson also preceded here in death.
Survivors include two sons, George Larison, Oskaloosa; and Duane Larison, McLouth; a daughter, Sharon Sue Dodds, McLouth; 21 grandchildren; 33 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. today, Sept. 5, at the funeral home. The family suggests memorials to the Alzheimer's Foundation of America or to Jefferson County Hospice, sent in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 416, Oskaloosa 66066.
More like this story
- Ag Hall's Tractor Daze to include hall of fame inductions
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty