C.R. 1 to be topic of teleconference
The Leavenworth County Commission will discuss improvements to County Road 1 leading to a proposed interchange with Interstate 70 via a teleconference with Kansas Department of Transportation and Kansas Turnpike Authority officials at 8 a.m. Thursday at the county courthouse.
Topics for discussion include deciding where a tie-in with U.S. Highway 24-40 will go and clearing up any issues before the land acquisition process begins along County Road 1.
"The biggest thing is where we're going to intersect with 24-40," Commissioner Dean Oroke said Tuesday.
An unofficial proposal sent recently by KDOT officials calls for the tie-in to go south of Honey Creek Road near the Gordon Harman Farmstead at a cost of $625,000, but Oroke said a more fitting location would be north of Honey Creek near the Heartland Community Church of the Nazarene.
More like this story
- New LMH oncologist joins hospital with background in research, goals for patient care
- Panel faults Kansas mental health system
- Some kidney transplant services to be offered in Wichita
- Former nurse accused of sexual assaulting Kansas patients
- Kansas official seeks to save funds to treat drug offenders