Obituary: Hazel M. Yost
Services for Hazel M. Yost, 90, Perry, were Monday at the American Legion Post 142 Building in Perry. Burial was in Oak Ridge Cemetery in Perry.
Mrs. Yost died Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2007, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
She was born March 18, 1917, in McLouth, the daughter of Michael and Emily Mary Lobb Martin.
Mrs. Yost was a homemaker and mother.
She married William Louis Yost on Aug. 29, 1933, in Leavenworth. He died June 27, 1979.
Two sons, Bill Yost and "Mickey" L. Yost, also died earlier.
Survivors include two sons, Bob Yost, Topeka, and Jim Yost, Perry; five daughters, Bonnie Blalock, Manteca, Calif., Jeannie Miles, Tracy, Calif., Judy Hodges, Manteca, Calif., Vickey Longstaff, Topeka, and Dianna Bowlin, Perry; 19 grandchildren; 34 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren. in Oskaloosa.
The family suggests memorials to the American Cancer Society or American Diabetes Foundation, sent in care of Barnett-Chapel Oaks Funeral Home, P.O. Box 416, Oskaloosa 66066.
More like this story
- Suit filed by ex-Kansas attorney general lands in Oklahoma
- High court to hear Kansas plea to reinstate death sentences
- KC to vote on measure to bar tobacco sales to those under 21
- Area student on Ridgewater dean's list
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next