Obituary: Marvin W. Zukel
Services for Marvin Wayne Zukel, 58, of Tonganoxie, were Saturday, Sept. 15, at Chapel Hill-Butler Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kan. Burial was in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens.
Mr. Zukel died Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2007, at home surrounded by family.
He was born July 22, 1949, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of Alexander Hilary and Betty Elaine (Burton ) Zukel.
He was a longtime area resident, returning recently from El Dorado.
Mr. Zukel was a rural carrier and a union steward for the U.S. Postal Service for 30 years, retiring in 2006. He had also worked for Wyandotte County Parks as a park ranger, for Piper Lake Club as a lifeguard and cabana boy, and for Wyandotte County Sheriff's Department as a constable.
A stepson David Scheer, died earlier.
Survivors include his wife of four years, Kathy; three sisters, Dianna Showalter, Kim Schielz, and Tammy Hankins; five children: Jackie Mickelson, Jennie Huntsman, Lance Zukel, Corina Zukel and Grant Zukel; four stepdaughters: Christina Scheer, Beverly Scheer, Lisa Schwiezer and Theresa Scheer; and 20 grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the American Cancer Society, sent in care of the funeral home, 701 N. 94th Street, Kansas City, KS 66112.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Few original Brownback cabinet secretaries remain
- Kansas weighing rules for handling eyewitnesses to crimes
- Justice Department sues KCK Housing Authority, former worker
- Kansas fantasy writer's penchant for the unexpected appeals to international audiences