Rollover accident on US 24-40
Around 4:10 p.m. Friday, a woman driving a Toyota Camry rolled her vehicle over just south of the Tonganoxie city limit on U.S. Highway 24-40. The vehicle went off the road on the west ditch while heading south on U.S. 24-40.
The woman was safely removed from her vehicle by the Tonganoxie Fire Department. The woman was able to walk to a Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service ambulance, which responded to the accident, where she was treated. After some time the woman stepped out of the ambulance briefly before returning to the ambulance.
EMS took the woman to a hospital for further evaluation, but it is unknown at this time which hospital.
Leavenworth County deputies, Tonganoxie Fire Department, Tonganoxie Township Fire Department and Kansas Highway Patrol responded to the accident.
More like this story
- Olathe man sentenced in Tonganoxie DUI case
- Kansas Supreme Court: Law on sobriety tests is unconstitutional
- Wineries, craft breweries experience growth in Kansas
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- Tonganoxie City Council approves alcohol permits for library, festival; Bennett sworn in; roof repairs approved