Mary Aileen Denholm
Services for Mary Aileen Denholm, 76, Tonganoxie, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at First Congregational Church in Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Maple Grove Cemetery in Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Denholm died Saturday, Sept. 22, 2007, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
She was born Nov. 20, 1930, near Baldwin City, the daughter of Cecil and Ila Loree Vining. She graduated from Kansas State University in 1953.
Mrs. Denholm worked for J.C. Penny Co. in Lawrence before she retired. She was a member of First Congregational Church, Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary and an active 4-H leader, all in Tonganoxie.
She married Harold T. Denholm on May 25, 1952, in Richmond. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Gregg, Tonganoxie; three daughters, Linda Sturgeon, Tonganoxie, Carol Fellows, Lake Stevens, Wash., and Lorie Vann, Virginia Beach, Va.; a brother, Gene Vining, Richmond; a sister, Kay Daniels, Marshfield, Mo.; nine grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Susan G. Komen for the Cure or VFW Post 9271, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
Online condolences may be sent at quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Garden City woman pleads not guilty in marijuana case
- Tonganoxie superintendent pleads not guilty to alleged failure to report sex abuse at former school
- Tonganoxie woman pleads no contest to 5 counts of felony theft from employer
- Former Kansas man pleads guilty in unlawful-voting case
- Man pleads guilty in death of Kansas State Fair worker slain over haircut visit