Local students thank area farmers for conservation practices
Students at Muncie Elementary and Lansing Elementary schools participated in a "Thank You" project during the month of March to recognize farmers and ranchers for conserving our natural resources.
The students showed their appreciation by writing postcards thanking the farmers and ranchers for practicing conservation while producing the food we eat and the fiber for our clothing. The postcards were mailed out to 300 farmers in Leavenworth County.
The Tonganoxie Elementary School will be participating in the project in April.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie police calls, Feb. 20-March 1, 2015
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation