Local students thank area farmers for conservation practices
Students at Muncie Elementary and Lansing Elementary schools participated in a "Thank You" project during the month of March to recognize farmers and ranchers for conserving our natural resources.
The students showed their appreciation by writing postcards thanking the farmers and ranchers for practicing conservation while producing the food we eat and the fiber for our clothing. The postcards were mailed out to 300 farmers in Leavenworth County.
The Tonganoxie Elementary School will be participating in the project in April.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets