Local students thank area farmers for conservation practices
Students at Muncie Elementary and Lansing Elementary schools participated in a "Thank You" project during the month of March to recognize farmers and ranchers for conserving our natural resources.
The students showed their appreciation by writing postcards thanking the farmers and ranchers for practicing conservation while producing the food we eat and the fiber for our clothing. The postcards were mailed out to 300 farmers in Leavenworth County.
The Tonganoxie Elementary School will be participating in the project in April.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie police calls, March 25-April 9, 2015
- Tonganoxie police calls, Feb. 20-March 1, 2015
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle