Local students thank area farmers for conservation practices
Students at Muncie Elementary and Lansing Elementary schools participated in a "Thank You" project during the month of March to recognize farmers and ranchers for conserving our natural resources.
The students showed their appreciation by writing postcards thanking the farmers and ranchers for practicing conservation while producing the food we eat and the fiber for our clothing. The postcards were mailed out to 300 farmers in Leavenworth County.
The Tonganoxie Elementary School will be participating in the project in April.
More like this story
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Tonganoxie man sought in KCK detective shooting caught; officer killed
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015
- Tonganoxie police calls, March 25-April 9, 2015
- Father-son altercation leads to 5-hour Tonganoxie standoff