McLouth girls place second at Oskaloosa
The McLouth High girls track team finished second on Tuesday at the Oskaloosa Invitational.
The Bulldogs won five events and finished second in four others on their way to scoring 128 points in their first event of the season.
Leah Hoffhines took first in the javelin with a throw of 91 feet, 5 inches.
Anne Courtney won the 100-meter hurdles by finishing in 18.29 seconds.
Courtney Chilcoat finished the 100-meter dash in 14.16 to capture first.
Courtney, Chilcoat, Logan Terry and Jordan Sparks combined to win the 4x100 relay in 56.40.
Miranda McLaughlin took first in the long jump with a distance of 14-3.
Gelia Gardner finished behind Courtney to take second place (20.40) in the 100 hurdles.
Terry finished just four-hundredths of a second behind Chilcoat in the 100-meter dash.
Courtney raced to a second-place finish in the 300-meter hurdles in 53.31.
Terry, Chilcoat, Courtney and Sparks finished the 4x400 relay in 4:50 to place second in that event.
Check back with The Mirror Web site for boys results, which will be posted when they are available.
The Bulldogs will host the McLouth Invitational on Friday at 3:30 p.m.
More like this story
- On course for THS: Tonganoxie cross country teams win home meet, take 5th at Rim Rock Classic
- Chieftain runners take 11th on girls side at state
- Tonganoxie High cross country boys win dual against Lansing
- Tonganoxie basketball teams sweep Heritage Christian
- Leaders of the pack for Tonganoxie cross country