City to hold Safe Route meeting
In an effort to encourage and enable Tonganoxie's children to walk and bike to school, The City of Tonganoxie and the Tonganoxie School District will launch its Safe Routes to School Program with a community meeting at 6:30 p.m. tonight, at the Tonganoxie Middle School.
During this meeting residents will be asked to assist in locating areas where walking or bicycling is not safe. Feedback will be used to prepare a plan to apply for funding grants to assist with implementing the plan. There will be a raffle for a boy's bike and a girl's bike. Each child in attendance with a parent will receive a ticket, so kids bring your parents to get a ticket for your chance to win. Please RSVP to City Hall at 845-2620 X1104, leave a message stating how many adults and children will be attending.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol