Tonganoxie and McLouth sports dealing with weather issues
Inclement weather is wreaking havoc on spring sports schedules this week.
Field conditions are too wet for play everywhere you look and as a result Tonganoxie High home events for Thursday and Friday have already been called off.
The Chieftains' baseball game with Mill Valley, originally scheduled for Thursday afternoon has been postponed with no makeup date set at this time.
What's more, the Tonganoxie Invitational track meet scheduled for Friday at 3:30 p.m. has been moved to Tuesday afternoon.
Also, Thursday's home track meet for Tonganoxie Middle School has been postponed until Wednesday.
Earlier this week McLouth High's baseball game with Perry-Lecompton was postponed. The Bulldogs' game at Pleasant Ridge last Thursday was postponed as well and will be played on Monday, weather permitting.
The MHS softball team had its home game with Silver Lake called off on Tuesday and coach Ballard Patterson said Friday's doubleheader with Valley Falls is looking doubtful, too, if any more rain falls in the next 24 hours.
More like this story
- Mathematician not optimistic about suit seeking ballot audit
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- State lifts avian flu restrictions in Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties