Bridge work to begin this week
Beginning this week, County Road 5 (Dempsey Road) will close between 175th Street and 187th Street as Leavenworth County Public Works crews, in conjunction with the Kansas Department of Transportation, start work to replace bridge HP-52, north of Tonganoxie.
Construction is scheduled to occur over the next six months.
Public works staff is suggesting motorists use a posted detour running from the intersection of Eisenhower Road and Tonganoxie Road along Eisenhower Road to County Road 29 (187th Street) to the intersection of 187th Street and Dempsey Road.
"The public works department understands that this reconstruction project will be an inconvenience and appreciates the patience of the motorists and residents who will be affected," public works director Mike Spickelmier said in a press release Monday.
More like this story
- Kansas officials defend pension bonds after Moody's report
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Kansas GOP touts school funding law; districts look to cut
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups