McLouth baseball struggles on road
Easton The McLouth High baseball team had a rough go of it on the road Monday at Pleasant Ridge, losing both games of a doubleheader, 13-0 and 11-1.
Senior first baseman Mike Rome went 2-for-2 in the first loss. Ryan Smith and Brad Kabus were the other two Bulldogs with hits in the 13-0 loss.
"Pitching really hurt us here," McLouth coach Clay Mayer said after his team fell to 2-6 on the year. "We didn't hit the ball well either."
In the second game MHS got on the scoreboard in the top of the first, but failed to score again after that.
Senior Mark Stewart scored the only run of the day for the Bulldogs.
The road game for McLouth was a makeup date with Pleasant Ridge because the game was rained out April 3.
"We finally had a nice day to play and we didn't come out with a killer instinct," Mayer said.
MHS will play host to Troy-Wathena on Monday at 4:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Grass fires commonplace in recent days in Tonganoxie area
- Some Tonganoxie residents unhappy with roaming buffalo
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Carriage rides, music highlight tree lighting event Saturday
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race