Tonganoxie baseball wins one, drops one
The Tonganoxie High baseball team fell a game below .500 with a 8-0 loss to visiting St. James Academy on Wednesday at Leavenworth County Fairgrounds.
The Chieftains (4-5) had just one hit - by Keith Wentz-Hall - in the shutout.
Erick Lowe started on the mound for THS and pitched six innings, while striking out four batters and allowing three earned runs.
The Chieftains won at Turner 11-10 the day before in impressive fashion.
Tonganoxie trailed 10-7 entering the final inning, but scored four runs in the top of the seventh to secure the win.
Jace Waters went 3-for-5, scored three runs and batted in another.
Starting pitcher Logan Forbis helped himself out at the plate by going 3-for-4 with a triple, a home run and four RBI.
On the mound, Forbis threw six innings and struck out five batters.
Waters came in to close out the win in the bottom of the seventh and struck out one batter on his way to a save.
Wentz-Hall scored two runs for the Chieftains on Tuesday.
THS will play host to Mill Valley on Saturday at 10 a.m.
More like this story
- Art from the heart for Tonganoxie High students at Highland CC event
- Kaw Valley League's future in limbo; Tonganoxie could be headed to Frontier League
- Teeing off with Tonganoxie High golf
- Chieftain baseball drops openers at Fort Scott tournament; THS teams busy at home Tuesday; McLouth baseball, softball continue young seasons
- Tonganoxie USD 464 cancels Monday classes due to funeral services