Grizzle wins girls javelin at Kansas Relays
Carlisle sixth in boys 800-meter run
Lawrence It was cool and misty Friday at the Kansas Relays, but the Tonganoxie High Chieftains who competed in the ginormous track and field event in and outside Memorial Stadium had a pretty nice day.
Senior Roxi Grizzle took first place in the girls javelin at the relays for the second time in three years and continued to rewrite the THS record books by breaking her own school record on her final throw of the day with a toss of 163 feet, 11 inches.
Her sister, Roni Grizzle, a junior, finished fifth in the girls shot put with a throw of 40-9.5.
Freshman Jeremy Carlisle, who ran in the boys 800-meter race, was in the middle of the pack halfway through before speeding out ahead of the other runners on the last turn to finish first in his heat with a time of 1:58.75 - that was good enough to give him sixth place overall.
Chrissie Jeannin finished 10th in the girls javelin with a throw of 118-6. Gabe Belobrajdic was 14th in the boys javelin and his first heave, which went 159-8, was his best.
Roxi Grizzle also competed in the girls shot put and finished 19th with a throw of 36-1.25. Christy Weller competed for THS in the girls 800-meter run and finished in 2:26.75, placing her 21st.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Motorcycle-vehicle wreck near Tonganoxie sends 2 to KU Hospital
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie High School teacher Preston Troyer