Gershwin concert Sunday at USM
The University of St. Mary department of fine arts-music will present a concert-revue based on the songs of famed American composer George Gershwin .
"Gershwin!" will be at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, April 27, in St. Joseph Hall on the campus at 4100 S. Fourth Street in Leavenworth. The concert is free and open to the public.
"Gershwin!" will be performed in cabaret style and will feature the Concert Chorale and vocal soloists in such songs as "Fascinating Rhythm" and "Let's Call The Whole Thing Off" as well as excerpts from "Girl Crazy" and "Porgy and Bess." Four graduating seniors will honored during the concert: Ruthie Dessert of Leavenworth, Carmen Hughes of Lansing, Brandon Stevens of Tonganoxie, and Vanessa Campagna of Kansas City, Mo.
The revue is under the direction of William Krusemark, chair of fine arts and professor of music. Freda Proctor, assistant professor of music and resident keyboard artist, will serve as accompanist.
For more information, please contact Krusemark at email@example.com or call (913) 682-5151 ext. 6460.
More like this story
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- Simons family selling Tonganoxie Mirror to Ogden Newspapers, Inc.
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Midwest economy: state of Kansas report for March
- CertainTeed to renovate plant in Kansas City, Kan.