May brings flowers and another month of fun programs at the library, including an author visit, a computer class, a reader's advisory expert, more card crafting and the 2008 Summer Reading Program kick-off.
Want to get involved? We will need volunteers to help children "Catch the Reading Bug" from May 23 to July 24. The public is invited to the kick-off at 10 a.m. Friday, May 23 at Tonganoxie Elementary School to hear Jo Ho, storyteller, perform "Please Bug Me While I'm Reading." Come see other performers and attend special events each Thursday this summer, or watch a movie projected on the wide screen over lunch each Friday. Or, complete the new Monday Buggy Brain Busters to earn small prizes. Teens can help plan their "Metamorphosis" Summer Reading events and programs at the TLT meeting at 4 p.m. Tuesday. Do you belong to a book club and want some book suggestions? Kaite Mediatore Stover, head of reader's advisory services at the Kansas City Public Library, will share her book club book picks at 6:30 p.m. Monday, May 12. Illustrator Brad Sneed's presentation in April was so successful that we have planned a similar event for May. Linda Sebastian, author of Reluctant Miracle, will share excerpts of her book and explain the writing process on Thursday, May 29 at noon. Bring $6 for lunch. Pick up your copy of the colorful May 2008 Calendar of Events, available at the library, Tonganoxie Recreation Commission, City Hall or find it online at www.tonganoxielibrary.org.
- Sharon Moreland is library director at Tonganoxie Public Library.
More like this story
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Kevan Welsh
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Tonganoxie golfers compete in first meets
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens