Rec commission has new address
As of last week the Tonganoxie Recreation Commission has a new home about 50 feet away.
Its new location at 521 E. Fourth St., the previous home of Sunset Mortgage Company, is just two doors down from the old recreation office at 525 E. Fourth St.
"We needed the space," Gayle Parker, the commission's director, said about the reason reason for the move. "We had no storage at all."
The new office has about 500 square feet more space than the previous office. Besides the extra storage in the back, there is also a conference room where the recreation board can meet.
There will be an area for a receptionist at the front and Parker and Brad Eccles, the new assistant director who started Tuesday, will be in the main offices in the back.
Parker and David Jones, who is on the rec commission board, said they were happy to keep the office close by.
"A central location downtown is convenient for all of our patrons," Jones said. "Most of the folks I meet say they moved to Tonganoxie because of the 'small town feel.' That 'small town feel' comes from friendly neighbors and an active downtown."
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Kansas district court judge sues over state law on courts
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation