Two men taken to hospital after collision
Two Tonganoxie residents and a Lawrence man were taken to Kansas City area hospitals Thursday afternoon after an accident in Kansas City, Kan., according to the Kansas Highway Patrol.
A 2001 Chevrolet truck driven by Joshua Hays Pearson, 30, Tonganoxie, was headed west on U.S. Highway 24-40, and he failed to stop at a red traffic light at 130th Street, according to the report. Everardo Alvarez Jr., 31, Lawrence was driving north in a 2007 truck on 130th Street and struck the driver-side door Pearson's truck.
Alvarez was taken to Kansas University Hospital in Kansas City, Kan. The report said it was unknown if he wore a seat belt.
Pearson, who did not wear a seat belt, was taken with disabling injuries to Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
A passenger in his truck, Alfonso Corral-Valdez, 20, Tonganoxie, was also taken there. Another passenger, 21-year-old Jason Andrew Marks, of Tonganoxie, was injured but refused medical treatment. Neither wore seat belts, according to the report.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas
- New Kansas schools plan has funds for budget emergencies
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance