Two men taken to hospital after collision
Two Tonganoxie residents and a Lawrence man were taken to Kansas City area hospitals Thursday afternoon after an accident in Kansas City, Kan., according to the Kansas Highway Patrol.
A 2001 Chevrolet truck driven by Joshua Hays Pearson, 30, Tonganoxie, was headed west on U.S. Highway 24-40, and he failed to stop at a red traffic light at 130th Street, according to the report. Everardo Alvarez Jr., 31, Lawrence was driving north in a 2007 truck on 130th Street and struck the driver-side door Pearson's truck.
Alvarez was taken to Kansas University Hospital in Kansas City, Kan. The report said it was unknown if he wore a seat belt.
Pearson, who did not wear a seat belt, was taken with disabling injuries to Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
A passenger in his truck, Alfonso Corral-Valdez, 20, Tonganoxie, was also taken there. Another passenger, 21-year-old Jason Andrew Marks, of Tonganoxie, was injured but refused medical treatment. Neither wore seat belts, according to the report.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie teen injured in Christmas Eve rollover released from hospital
- Monday accident east of Tonganoxie sends 3 to KCK hospitals
- Tonganoxie High School student dies in Thursday rollover accident in Basehor
- One person killed, another injured in accident on Kansas Turnpike
- Hit and run accident sends 2 to local hospital