Also from August 11
- Decision to skip Leavenworth as NBAF finalist was unfair, angry lawmaker says
- August 11, 2008
- A state legislator on Monday expressed anger after a report indicated that Leavenworth had a high score as a possible location for a federal biosafety lab but was leapfrogged as a finalist by politically connected Mississippi.
- Fire destroys garage in southern Leavenworth County
- 02:59 p.m., August 11, 2008 Updated 03:51 p.m.
- A fire in southern Leavenworth County destroyed a two-story building Monday.