Our view: Fair shows countyhas plenty of talent
NBC has been advertising the return of its show "America's Got Talent," which will be back on the air after the Olympic Games end.
During the previous week, however, Leavenworth County showed that it has a great deal of its own talent. Although Sharon Osbourne, David Hasselhoff and Piers Morgan did not judge livestock, photos or food at this year's Leavenworth County Fair, it's clear, judging by the many exhibits on display at the fair, that our county does indeed have talent. From 4-H'ers and FFA members to residents entering items in various categories, a great deal of time and effort went into making the 82nd annual Leavenworth County Fair a success.
Although the fair lasts just one week, preparing for it can take nearly a year.
With that in mind, we challenge Leavenworth County residents to start thinking about the 83rd installment of the Leavenworth County Fair. There again will be several categories in which to enter your favorite photos, recipes, salsa, vegetables, animals and more.
Sure, David Hasselhoff won't be judging your creations, but you can prove again in 2009 that Leavenworth County also has talent.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Tonganoxie High wrestlers competing on Day 2 of state tournament
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls