Rec Commission cancels cane hunt
The Tonganoxie Recreation Commission will not be having its annual candy cane hunt this year.
Gayle Parker, the commission’s director, said the bad weather during the last few years has cut down the number of participants.
But for those itching to get their hands on some of the peppermint treats there is still a chance.
Parker said members of the commission will be handing out candy canes during the mayor’s Christmas tree lighting at 6:15 p.m. Thursday in downtown Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Planning Commission approves recommendations on large projects
- Penalty phase in Jewish site shootings trial to continue
- Work begins on Tonganoxie's Gallagher Park
- Tonganoxie Public Library officials talk building future with City Council
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie