McLouth girls pick up first win
The McLouth High girls basketball team picked up its first victory of the season at the Delaware Valley League Tournament on Thursday night with a 57-35 win against Doniphan West.
After having just three players score in each of McLouth’s first two contests (both losses), eight Bulldogs entered the scoring column in the win.
Missy Rome led the way with 20 points and Kylie Shufflebarger scored 12 of her 16 in the second half after spending much of the first half in foul trouble, as did the Bulldogs’ other starting post, Cassidy Bristol.
While Rome, Shufflebarger and Bristol had accounted for all of the Bulldogs’ points entering the game, freshman Caroline Overbaugh became the first other MHS player to score this season when she had a bucket in the second quarter.
McLouth (1-2) plays Jackson Heights at Oskaloosa on Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
Score by quarters
Don. West 14 6 7 8 — 35
McLouth 10 18 9 20 — 57
Missy Rome 20, Kylie Shufflebarger 16, Cassidy Bristol 2, Morgan Drinnon 9, Caroline Overbaugh 2, Terri Stewart 5, Haley Holwick 1, Logan Terry 2.
More like this story
- Kobach says Kansas attracted most new businesses since 2003
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes