Swearing in ceremony for local judge will be held at VFW Friday
The public is invited to attend the swearing in ceremony and reception for Michael Gibbens.
The ceremony will be fro 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Friday at the Tonganoxie VFW building, 901 E. First Street.
Gibbens, 58, Tonganoxie, was named tobe the district court judge of Leavenworth and Atchison by Gov. Kathleen Sebelius. Gibbens will be filling the vacancy left by retiring Judge Philip C. Lacey.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Tonganoxie High softball looks to improve in 2015
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol