SUV slides down embankment from U.S. 24-40
Icy road conditions led to a one-vehicle accident about 9:10 a.m. Tuesday on U.S. Highway 24-40 in Tonganoxie.
A Chevrolet Trailblazer, which was traveling east on U.S. Highway 24-40, slid off the road and down an embankment on the south side of the highway, Tonganoxie police officer Larry Shepek said.
The accident occurred just east of the Tonganoxie Creek bridge.
“The good news is she wasn’t hurt, not bad,” Shepek said. “If she would have rolled it, it would have been bad.”
S&S Tow Service of Tonganoxie pulled the vehicle back onto the highway. After receiving medical attention form Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service, the driver drove the vehicle, which had a Leavenworth County license plate, from the scene.
The Tonganoxie City Fire Department and Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office also assisted.
More like this story
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas House passes bill to authorize $1.5B in pension bonds
- Kansas lawmakers working on plan to issue pension bonds