Foundation gets $550K gift for Powell Lecture Series
The Command and General Staff College Foundation has announced a $550,000 gift to support a new lecture series at the college named for retired Gen. Colin Powell.
David J. McIntyre, president and ceo of TriWest Healthcare Alliance, announced TriWest's gift at a foundation dinner Feb. 12. The foundation is based at Fort Leavenworth.
"This gift is tremendously significant for this new program," said retired Lt. Gen. Robert Arter, who chairs the foundation's board of directors. "TriWest's generous support allows the foundation to honor this great soldier-statesman by inviting prominent national and international dignitaries to contribute to the education of our nation's military leaders as part of the Powell lecture series."
For more on the gift, pick up a copy of next week's paper.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Legislative proposal focuses on open records enforcement
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Linwood man sentenced to nearly a decade in prison for attempted rape, attempted aggravated criminal sodomy