Foundation gets $550K gift for Powell Lecture Series
The Command and General Staff College Foundation has announced a $550,000 gift to support a new lecture series at the college named for retired Gen. Colin Powell.
David J. McIntyre, president and ceo of TriWest Healthcare Alliance, announced TriWest's gift at a foundation dinner Feb. 12. The foundation is based at Fort Leavenworth.
"This gift is tremendously significant for this new program," said retired Lt. Gen. Robert Arter, who chairs the foundation's board of directors. "TriWest's generous support allows the foundation to honor this great soldier-statesman by inviting prominent national and international dignitaries to contribute to the education of our nation's military leaders as part of the Powell lecture series."
For more on the gift, pick up a copy of next week's paper.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Man accused of Jewish site shootings to appear in court
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Flash flood warning in effect for Leavenworth County, parts of Wyandotte, Johnson counties