Two THS grapplers already headed to state
Perry Two Tonganoxie High wrestlers advanced to the finals during regionals at Perry-Lecompton High on Friday, thereby qualifying for state.
Junior Matt Brock (130) and senior Cameron Adcox (285) are the first two Chieftains to earn their tickets, but a slew of others still have a chance to join them, depending on how they fare on Saturday.
Brock won three matches to reach the finals, while Adcox won a pair of bouts, the first coming when he scored a pinfall nine seconds into the match.
Although Jeff Ross, Kevin Hamm, Travis Adcox, Wyatt Coffin and Steve Davis all lost in the semi-finals on Friday, each of them can qualify for state by picking up a victory during Saturday's consolation rounds.
Even more THS grapplers, who didn't reach the semis, can still qualify by advancing to the finals in their respective consolation brackets.
Consolation bouts get started on Saturday at 11 a.m. and the championship finals are scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts