$5,000 beef scholarship deadline extended
Leavenworth County Beef Improvement Association is extending its scholarship application date to March 1. Scholarships for students from Leavenworth County are possible through fundraising efforts of the association's members and sponsorship of activities that promote agriculture and specifically beef production in the county. Private as well as business contributions also supplement the funds.
The addition of "The Bill and June Beaver Scholarship" will help fund multiple awards. Mr. and Mrs. Beaver of Basehor allotted $5,000 to be made available for agricultural students.
Last year's scholarship winner took home $1,000 to help finance studies in agronomy at Kansas State University.
Any student who plans to attend, or is currently attending college pursuing an agriculture-related degree is encouraged to apply. High school seniors can get information from their adviser/counselor. Applications also can be obtained by contacting scholarship chairman Kirk Sours at (913) 369-3610.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie VFW, American Legion planning Memorial Day weekend services
- Facebook and the election
- Tonganoxie American Legion Post 41 makes large donation with flag
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015
- Tonganoxie City Council eyes former post office, to have public forum on police station July 13