McLouth boys stay alive with sub-state road win
The McLouth High boys basketball team didn't let a little thing like a road playoff game get in the way of a victory on Monday night.
The Bulldogs traveled to Jefferson County North for a first-round 3A sub-state contest and won in convincing fashion, 63-49.
MHS trailed by five after eight minutes but outscored the Chargers, 32-13, during the next two quarters and took a cushy 40-26 lead into the fourth.
The Bulldogs did most of the damage by drawing fouls and getting to the free-throw line. MHS scored 25 points from the line, while Jefferson County North totaled just six.
Senior Mike Rome led the Bulldogs with eight field goals and 21 points. Junior Derrick Crouse scored 14 points, senior Mark Stewart added 13 (seven of which came at the charity stripe) and sophomore Cole Batman cashed eight freebies on his way to 10 points. Senior Ryan Smith scored five as the MHS starters scored all 63 points for the Bulldogs.
Scoring by quarters
McLouth 8 17 15 23 - 63
Jeff. Co. North 13 6 7 23 - 49
More like this story
- Leavenworth County Commission race highlights local election season
- Leavenworth County commissioner's replacement would have to run for re-election in 2018
- Crowded Leavenworth County Commission race highlights local election season
- Graeber replacement would have to run in 2018
- Hill touts career experiences in Leavenworth County Commission race