Season ends for Tonganoxie boys team
Chieftains fall at Holton, 76-58, in sub-state opener
Holton The Tonganoxie High boys basketball team jumped straight into a pressure cooker in it postseason opener at Holton on Tuesday night.
Unfortunately for the Chieftains, the heat and duress caused by the Wildcats' pressure and traps led to a 76-58 THS loss as the road underdogs turned the ball over 24 times and got off only 22 field goal attempts.
Tonganoxie led 3-2 just over four minutes into the contest, but Holton answered three Keith Wentz-Hall free throws with a 13-1 run and never looked back.
Gabe Belobrajdic led the Chieftains with 16 points and 12 rebounds in his final contest. Fellow senior Wetz-Hall also scored 16.
Sophomore Keaton Schaffer scored seven points and Jeremy Carlisle scored six in the first-round sub-state loss.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie High School counselor Tara George
- Retirement recognition in Tonganoxie USD 464
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Kansas education's new vision focuses on nonacademic skills
- Leavenworth County commissioners revoke bond support for proposed Tyson chicken plant near Tonganoxie