Season ends for Tonganoxie boys team
Chieftains fall at Holton, 76-58, in sub-state opener
Holton The Tonganoxie High boys basketball team jumped straight into a pressure cooker in it postseason opener at Holton on Tuesday night.
Unfortunately for the Chieftains, the heat and duress caused by the Wildcats' pressure and traps led to a 76-58 THS loss as the road underdogs turned the ball over 24 times and got off only 22 field goal attempts.
Tonganoxie led 3-2 just over four minutes into the contest, but Holton answered three Keith Wentz-Hall free throws with a 13-1 run and never looked back.
Gabe Belobrajdic led the Chieftains with 16 points and 12 rebounds in his final contest. Fellow senior Wetz-Hall also scored 16.
Sophomore Keaton Schaffer scored seven points and Jeremy Carlisle scored six in the first-round sub-state loss.
More like this story
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol