AARP driving course offered
The Council on Aging is sponsoring an AARP driver's course later this month.
Leavenworth County Undersheriff Ron Cranor will be the presenter for the two-day course, which will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 24 and 25 at the council, 109-A Delaware St., Leavenworth. Attendance both days is required to qualify for a reduction in car insurance.
Most insurance companies will offer a discount for completion of this course. It is open to any driver over the age of 50.
There will be a break for lunch each day, and participants may bring their own lunch and eat in the council's Learning and Leisure Room.
Cost for the class is $10, payable at registration. If paying by check, make it out to the AARP. Registration deadline is Jan. 22.
Contact Patty Willmeth at (913) 684-0777 for questions.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy