KCKCC to offer belly-dancing class
A six-week class in belly dancing for beginners will be offered at Kansas City Kansas Community College starting Monday, Feb. 4.
The class will be conducted from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays through March 17 in Room 2708 on the KCKCC campus at 7250 State Ave.
In addition to dance techniques, participants will learn all the foundations of the ethic dance form. The class will cover the basics of hip, rib cage and arm isolations as well as simple turns, traveling steps, veil work, combinations and choreography.
The cost is $60.
Those interested in enrolling in the class can register in person in the Continuing Education Building on the east side of the KCKCC campus; by phone with a credit card payment at (913) 288-7660; or on-line at kckcc.edu and clicking on "Community Education and Workforce Development" and then "Courses."
More like this story
- Rise and shine for honorary Tonganoxie Phil: Early spring, Jones predicts
- Tonganoxie High cross country on its mark
- Linwood woman sentenced to more than 9 years in prison in DUI-manslaughter case
- Tonganoxie football outlasts Spring Hill, 33-13, in season opener
- Kansas official seeks to save funds to treat drug offenders