Obituary: Isabell Ross
Services for Isabell Ross, 90, Asbury, Mo., were Tuesday, Jan. 29, at Brenner Mortuary in Pittsburg.
Burial was in Highland Park Cemetery, Pittsburg.
Mrs. Ross, 90, died Saturday, Jan. 26, 2008, at Mt. Carmel Regional Medical Center, Pittsburg.
She was born Feb. 28, 1917, in Chicopee, the daughter of John and Mary (Fornelli) Vietti.
On Oct. 8, 1938, she married Floyd W. Ross in Lamar, Mo. He died June 11, 1995.
Mrs. Ross was a homemaker. She was a member of Nashville Christian Church, Nashville, Mo. Membership was also held in the Sunshine Extension. In addition, she helped with the Fairview 4-H Club.
Survivors include three sons: Gary W. Ross, Asbury, Mo., Larry J. Ross, Tonganoxie, and Ronnie L. Ross, Rockhill, S.C.; a daughter, Mary Lou Ross-Elliot, Overland Park; 13 grandchildren; and 23 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Nashville Christian Church and/or American Heart Association. These may be left at or sent to the Brenner Mortuary, 114 E. Fourth St., Pittsburg 66762.
More like this story
- Organization Orientation: Tonganoxie Civic Club
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Public input needed for Tonganoxie mural work
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby