KC Rampage starting up new softball team
There is a new fast-pitch softball team for young girls in the area.
The KC Rampage, a 10-and-under competitive team, is looking for players for the 2008-09 season. The Rampage is specifically looking for players with birth dates in 1998-2000, which means if a player doesn't turn 11 in 2008 she can play 10U.
The Rampage will play fall league at Tiffany Springs and will play league in the spring and in four to five tournaments. The team has an indoor facility for winter practices.
The Rampage is organized as a fun team for players who want to learn.
The KC Rampage will hold tryout dates July 19 and 26 at Warren Middle School, 3501 New Lawrence Road, in Leavenworth. All positions are open and the tryouts will run from 10 a.m. to noon on both dates. Sign-ups will start 30 minutes before tryouts.
All players will receive written evaluations and will be notified by July 29 if they have made the team.
Girls will need to bring all necessary gear to tryouts, such as cleats, a glove and a bat, the rest will be furnished.
For answers to further questions please call Scott Sparks at (913) 306-3090 or Brandy Hamilton at (913) 683-5656.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Tonganoxie Recreation Commission gearing up for Saturday's 50-year celebration
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- KU's lavish shrine to Naismith's 'Rules of Basket Ball' takes shape
- Tonganoxie football holds on for 23-14 victory against Spring Hill, spoils opening night of new stadium