Riverfront Community Center to play host to Harvey Girls event
Spend an evening with the Harvey Girls on Saturday, July 19, at the Riverfront Community Center, 123 S. Esplanade in Leavenworth.
The event will benefit the National Fred Harvey Museum. Activities begin at 6 p.m. with a social, buffet dinner and program.
The program will be presented by Kansas history teacher Keil Hileman. Hileman has a unique approach to teaching history, and has been awarded many honors. His classroom in the De Soto School District is a museum unto itself. He also brings along several artifacts that he shares with the audience.
To purchase tickets, please call (913) 682-3050.
More like this story
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Knights of Columbus offering fish fries