Candidate Web chats begin today
Visit www.tonganoxiemirror.com/chats to participate
For Leavenworth County residents deciding how to vote in the upcoming Aug. 5 primary elections, the time to start asking questions is now.
Voters are encouraged to participate in several open-forum Web chats The Mirror staff has arranged with candidates involved in local contested primaries, beginning today, Thursday, July 17.
3rd District County Commission candidate Dave Taylor will chat with voters at 11 a.m.
Leavenworth County Attorney candidate Todd Thompson is scheduled for 1 p.m., and 3rd District County Commission candidate Francis Hurla is set for 5 p.m.
Other discussions scheduled so far include Leavenworth County Attorney candidate Debra "Deb" Snider at 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 23, 42nd District state representative candidate Ted Ingerson at 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 23, 3rd District County Commission candidate John Flower at 1 p.m. Thursday, July 31, and 42nd District state representative candidate Connie O'Brien at 5 p.m. Thursday, July 31.
All contested candidates for county attorney, 42nd District state representative and 3rd District county commissioner have been invited to host a Web chat.
To post questions for a candidate, visit www.tonganoxiemirror.com/chats or follow the link on this page.
More like this story
- Kansas State, other state universities see enrollment drop
- Fall enrollment down by 554 students at Kansas State
- Tonganoxie USD 464 officials urging parents to apply online to assist in potential state aid
- Kansas regents hold tuition, fee increases to 3.6 percent
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push