Tonganoxie Braves head into final day of national tournament
The Tonganoxie Braves 18 and younger softball team can finish no lower than third place in the North American Fast Pitch Association's "B" Tournament on Saturday at Clinton Lake Softball Complex in Lawrence. On Friday, the Braves defeated the Salina TechnoCats, 3-2, and were one win away from the title game, but fell to the Columbus (Neb.) Bullets, 5-0, in the second game.
Tonganoxie will play again at 10:30 a.m. Saturday. A win in that game would advance them to the national title, which is to be played at noon.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Tonganoxie USD 464 officials urging parents to apply online to assist in potential state aid
- 2 Kansas school districts to close early because of budgets
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts