Leavenworth Countians may vote before Aug. 5
For the first time since the State of Kansas authorized advance voting in 1995, Leavenworth County voters will be able to cast their ballot before the Aug. 5 primary election at sites other than the Leavenworth County Courthouse.
As in previous years, advance voting for registered voters has begun at the courthouse, 300 Walnut St., Leavenworth, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will continue every weekday until Aug. 4 at noon in the county election office.
A change in state law this year will allow advance voting to be an option at two satellite locations in the county.
On July 30, residents may vote in advance at the Tonganoxie Public Library, 303 Bury St., Tonganoxie, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The Basehor Community Library, 1400 N. 158th St., Basehor, is the other satellite site and will welcome voters in advance Thursday, July 31, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. as well.
Any registered voter in Leavenworth County may come to any of the above sites to participate in county, state and national primary elections.
For more information, contact the Leavenworth County Clerk's office at (913) 684-0421.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- Legislative proposal focuses on open records enforcement
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits