Also from June 9
- McLouth man killed in Lawrence double-shooting; incident occurred during foiled robbery
- June 9, 2008
- A burglary and a robbery led to a shooting that left two men dead early Saturday, Lawrence Police said Monday morning.
- Commissioner’s ex-wife files for county post
- 01:18 a.m., June 9, 2008 Updated 12:00 a.m. in print edition on A2
- Beverly “Bev” Oroke, a Tonganoxie Republican and former wife of current County Commissioner Dean Oroke, has thrown her hat into the political ring, joining five other Republican candidates who are seeking the 3rd District commission seat.